Does the Village sell Brown County boat launch stickers?
Who maintains the Suamico Harbor buoys?
How do I sign my child up for a recreational program?
What are the registration policies of the Suamico Recreation Department?
- All programs are offered to Suamico residents, taxpayers, and their legal dependents. Most of our programs are also offered to non-residents with an increased fee.
- Participant must reside within the Village limits of Suamico to obtain the Village resident price.
- Programs are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Please do not delay in sending in your registrations as we may end up cancelling a class due to numbers being too low.
- Program-specific age/grade restrictions will be strictly observed.
- Early registrations will not be accepted; emailed registration requests cannot be acknowledged.
- The Suamico Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen property at any of our programs.
When does registration start for youth recreational programs?
Dates are different depending on the specific program. Please check our website for registration forms.
This information is only a guide - forms may not be available immediately at the beginning of the months indicated.
Baseball - January
Softball - January
Sailing - January
Tennis - March
Gymnastics - May
Flag Football - April
Fall Baseball - July
Fall Soccer - July
Dance - August
Soccer - December
Can I request that my child be put on the same team as another player?
Can I enroll my child in a class for which they are too young? How strict are ages enforced?
I missed the first class or practice. Can I still sign up?
Can my child "play up" into an older age group?
What happens if it rains and my class/program is outdoors?
Decisions on outdoor programs will be made two hours prior to the start of the program. Late cancellations may occur due to unpredictable weather conditions. Reminder: Although it may not be raining at the time of your program, earlier rain may have left the courts or fields unplayable. Suamico's rain out line is (920) 544-8478 for after-hours information.
For the combined Howard-Suamico baseball and softball programs, please call (920) 434-5559.
Please keep in mind that your Coach or League Director will notify you if your practice or game has been cancelled.
Why do I need to fill out a registration form each time I sign up for a program?
I registered for a program weeks ago and still have not heard anything. Who do I contact?
The majority of our registration forms come in during the last week of registration. With this, we will not be notifying you until three to four days prior to the start date to let you know what team your child is on and who their head coach is.
Please note that just because you have not received a call, it does not mean that you should not attend the first scheduled practice. All of our coaches are volunteers, and though they are encouraged to call you prior to the start date, unforeseen circumstances may prevent them from doing so.
Please keep in mind that we make the best effort to notify you prior to the start. If you have a specific question and would like to speak with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 434-8410.
I registered my child in a recreation program and wish to withdraw. Can I receive a refund?
What do you have to do to become a youth coach?
What types of recreation programs are offered?
What is the Parks, Forestry, Trails, & Recreation Committee and when does it meet?
1. Policy and procedures regarding administration of recreation leagues;
2. Setting of fees to pay for recreation league and recreation programming supplies, services, equipment, uniforms, awards, etc.;
3. Development and review of user surveys and other evaluation tools;
4. Recreation program offerings;
5. Annual recreational programming and facilities needs assessment;
6. Park planning, acquisition, development and maintenance;
7. Active and passive recreation facilities;
8. Master Park Planning;
9. Trail Master Plan;
10. Outdoor Recreation & Open Space Plan;
11. 5-year facilities/capital improvements planning;
12. Special requests by groups or organizations wishing to add or change park features or equipment;
13. Natural resource management;
14. Village forest, conservancy and open space areas;
15. Invasive species and forest pest control;
16. Park and community facility use including policies regarding use, large group usage hours, rules and governing ordinances.
It is a 7-seat board comprised of one trustee and six residents who are appointed by the Village President and approved by the Village Board. The Committee meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. at the Municipal Services Center, 12781 Velp Avenue. The members of the Committee are Gary Lonzo - Chair, Steve Andrews - Trustee, Roy Krouse, Ruth Lund, Katrina Nordyke, Dick Sachs and Jim Servais. There is one open seat on this Committee at this time.
Can I attend the Park, Rec, Forestry, & Trails meetings? Do I need to be placed on the agenda?
How can my business get involved in the Parks & Recreation Department?
Who do I contact about a park maintenance request?
Am I able to reserve recreation facilities for personal use?
Suamico residents are able to reserve some fields and buildings for their use at the discretion of the Recreation Director. In order to reserve a shelter, field, or diamond, please contact the Recreation Department at (920) 434-8410.
What is the cost for renting a recreation facility?
Costs are determined by the non-profit status of a group and ultimately remain at the discretion of the Recreation Director.
State-certified non-profit organizations are not required to pay the rental fee at either Calavera Springs Park or Idlewild Park during weekdays. However, a security deposit of $150 is required.
Residents can rent the Calavera Springs Park building for $100 per day or Idlewild Park building for $100 per day. A security deposit of $150 is required in addition to the rental fee.
Non-residents can rent the Calavera Springs Park building for $120 per day or Idlewild Park building for $120 per day. A security deposit of $150 is required in addition to the rental fee.
Security deposits are refundable assuming all cleaning procedures have been followed. Buildings are checked the following morning of each rental; a renter can call the office on the next morning to check on their deposit. If the building is found to be unsatisfactory, your deposit check will not be returned.
Does the Park Department have tables and/or chairs available for public use?
Can we move bleachers for our activity?
How can I buy tickets to local theme parks? How much are the tickets?